Monday 3 October 2011

Handmade Convention

Yippee the The Handmade Market is on over two days in the convention centre. What a great plan for the weekend to combine the pretty flowers of floriade with the short stroll to Handmade Market, perfect. Saturday came and alas it was yet another dull, dreary and cold Canberra day, best spent indoors. So Floriade was put on the things to do on a sunny day list and I rugged myself up and headed over to the Convention Centre to get some inspiration and see what's around in the making things world.

There were so many pretty and lovely things, so here is a quick snapshot of some of my favourites.

  •  Jenna Appleton   contemporary jewellery from Sydney is just devine. Check out her blog she has some fantastic silver jewellery that she uses etching to get such fine detail. I was so impressed I am the proud owner of  a pair of silver studs with a morrocan inspired pattern. There isn't a picture on her website or etsy of them, so I will put it on my list of photo's to take so I can show them off here. In the meantime, here are a couple of her designs. 



 








  • I was very pleased to find out that billy mac clothing not only have really cool t shirts for kiddies, including my favourite with a doily printed on front, they also make adults size t shirts to order. Yippee







  • Ahh toadstools, my theses are adorable. Have a look at Gifts Created at some of their others cute tlittle things, including the snails and a rain cloud mobile. In having a futher look see, you can purchase the pdf pattern for the toadstool 































  • I also have a love of paper and paper cuts, so I was like a kid in a candy store when I spotted the beautiful papercuts of Almond Tree Designs. Unfortunately these photo's dont give a great representation of how delicate and beautiful they are. Check out there stuff on their website












  • Its always good to see the master chef famous wares of Rachelle and her zipper brooch and new liberty brooches. Her beautiful wares can be found at Prim and Pretty etsy's site and associated blog

    • cardog designs had all of these cool jewellery insipired by retro objects like bakelite discs, japanese glass and bright plastics. I love the paisley designs used with the japanese glass




    I know there are so many pretty things. 
    • The last one I would like to share with you is from a woman who is making clutches under the name of Chloe & Viscount. These clutches are made of hand made screen printed cotton. At present her etsy site doesn't have any wares to purchase, however she can be found on facebook.


    So if you get time, check some of these very talented craft artisans and there fantastic wares.

    Sophie












    No comments:

    Post a Comment